Re: Newbie question - Jade & Mac

Subject: Re: Newbie question - Jade & Mac
From: Chris Maden <crism@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 1997 12:44:57 -0500
[Karl Critz]
> I'm sure that this has been brought up before, but has anyone looked
> into building Jade on the Mac?  I know that it won't compile in its
> current state, but does anyone have an estimate of what magnitude of
> source code changes would be required to build for Mac?

I can't speak directly to building Jade, but a friend built sgmls on the Mac.  I asked:

<question>
You built sgmls on the Mac, right?  Was it just a matter of wrapping
it in a way that could provide the command-line options?
</question>

and he said:

<answer>
Pretty much.  Metrowerks provides, through SIOUX, a way to specify a
command line.  It was just a matter of calling that function, linking
against the UNIX compatibility libraries (which it does automatically
if you use the console app stationery), and getting my settings right.
For what it's worth, I remember that the "Enums always int" checkbox
was important -- I guess maybe Mr. Clark likes to depend on that.

I always wanted to provide a better interface, but never got around to
it.  (sigh)
</answer>

HTH,
Chris