NEWBIE Question

Subject: NEWBIE Question
From: Chuck Darney <cdarney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 1997 14:51:31 -0500
I'm trying to fumble my way through DSSSL by looking at the variuos
online tutorials, PD samples, etc.  I've been able to figure out some of
the things I need to know from these, but am still mostly lost.  I'm
currently trying to do something I know is simple but I must be making
more of than I should.  I want to output an address as an address.  The
DTD has the address defined as several elements (NAME, DIV, CITY, STATE,
ZIP, etc) and the SGM instance makes use of these elements.  How does
the DSSSL combine several of these elements on a single line with the
appropriate punctuation and spacing (city, state  zip)?

I've done so by using:
  (element CITY
     (make sequence
        (process-children-trim)
        (literal ", ")))

ditto for the state and zip (except no literal for the zip.  There MUST
be an easier way.

Are there other samples of "common formatting" that are available?

Much appreciation for this list.  I'd be COMPLETELY lost without it.

Thanks much.

...Chuck Darney
...cdarney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx