Re: Explicitly Define Position on a Page

Subject: Re: Explicitly Define Position on a Page
From: "Lassi A. Tuura" <lat@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 23:45:19 +0100 (MET)
|> Using Jade and RTF backend.  Is it possible to explicitly define the
|> position of a paragraph object on a page?  Using space-before and
|> space-after is possible, but not necessarily a good choice.
|>
|> I'm trying to build a title page with information positioned properly.

In my limited experience, the best start is to create a separate page
sequence where you limit the page area to what you actually want to
print.  For instance, if you want the title vertically centered, then
make a page sequence that specifies suitable (huge) margins.  Judicious
use of space before and after has then done the work for me (for
relative spacing of title and say author and date info). But then, I
haven't really attempted very complicated and precise positioning.  If
you want something like a very fixed form, it might be better to create
a table with fixed dimensions and embed the contents in the cells.

//lat
--
Lassi.Tuura@xxxxxxx          There's no sunrise without a night