RE: The DSSSList Digest V1 #261

Subject: RE: The DSSSList Digest V1 #261
From: MARK.WROTH@xxxxxxxxxxx (WROTH, MARK B)
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 07:10:12 -0800
Chuck Darney asked
> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 14:09:37 -0500
> From: Chuck Darney <cdarney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Required files for Jade
>
> With Jade is it possible to explicitly all required files for
> execution?  I would like to be able to identify full path for all
> DTDs,
> DSLs and executables.  This will nee to include the Style-Sheet.dtd.

And I have a related (or possibly the same) question; I'm not sure if
it's my ignorance of SGML, DSSSL, or Jade that is confusing me, but ....

I have a "document" which involves a non-standard SGML declaration (a
"variant concrete syntax" if I have the terminology correct), a DTD, and
a document instance, all of which I want to process with a DSSSL
stylesheet using Jade.  While it's straightforward enough to tell Jade
what the stylesheet is, and for the document instance itself to specify
the DTD, I have been unable to persuade either the document instance,
the DTD, or Jade to apply the variant concrete syntax to the particular
instance.

I *have* been able to tell Jade to use the variant syntax *globally* --
but that has undesired side effects.

Nor have I been able to determine a way to specify a default DSSSL
specification for the particular instance, which would be convenient --
fortunately, "make" lets me apply the appropriate .dsl files fairly
easily, so that's a minor curiosity, rather than a burning question.
But a way to associate the variant concrete syntax with either the DTD,
the stylesheet, or the particular invocation of Jade would be very
helpful.

My apologies if this is either too elementary or directed to the wrong
place; despite a concerted attempt to Read The Fine Manual, I'm still
not sure where I should be trying to solve this one.