RE: The DSSSList Digest V1 #262

Subject: RE: The DSSSList Digest V1 #262
From: MARK.WROTH@xxxxxxxxxxx (WROTH, MARK B)
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 06:30:25 -0800
> Norman Walsh <norm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> | the DTD, I have been unable to persuade either the document
> instance,
> | the DTD, or Jade to apply the variant concrete syntax to the
> particular
> | instance.

said
> Just pass the custom declaration along with the file:
>
>   jade -t whatever -d stylesheet mydecl.dcl myfile.sgm

Too simple!  Thank you.

	[...]

and then asked for clarification on my question
> | Nor have I been able to determine a way to specify a default DSSSL
> | specification for the particular instance, which would be convenient
> --
>
> I'm not sure what you mean.  Are you saying you'd like Jade to know
> that files with the doctype foo should be processed by bar.dsl?
> I guess that could be handy, but

No, or at least that possibility hadn't occurred to me.  What I was
thinking of was a way to specify in the document *instance* that if no
other stylesheet was specified, a particular stylesheet should be used.
In the best of all possible worlds, I could override that specification
from the command line, so that for the nine times out of ten the default
is used, the command line is just "jade foo.sgm", while the tenth time
it would be "jade -d alt.dsl foo.sgm".

Thanks for the assistance.