DD: learning material, sources

Subject: DD: learning material, sources
From: "Pawson, David" <DPawson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 10:53:50 -0000
I earlier posted a request for url sources for DSSL learning sources.
Thanks to those of you who answered.

This is the specific list (plus a couple of others), that I have found
useful or
have been quoted as useful in learning about DSSSL.

regards, DaveP
(How many more do you know, useful to a beginner?)

Fount of all knowledge?
http://www.sil.org/sgml/dsssl.html

Introduction to DSSSL  by Paul Prescod
http://itrc.uwaterloo.ca:80/~papresco/dsssl/tutorial.html

Is DSSSL Hard?  by Paul Prescod
http://itrc.uwaterloo.ca:80/~papresco/dsssl/hard.html

Strategies for DSSSL Code Reuse(Paul Prescod, Michael MaCool)
http://www.cgl.uwaterloo.ca/Projects/meta/sgml97/papresco/

An Introduction to DSSSL by by Daniel M. Germán
http://csg.uwaterloo.ca/~dmg/dsssl/tutorial/tutorial.html

Jon Bosak, Online Information Technology Architect, Sun Microsystems
http://www.sil.org/sgml/dssslSamples2.html

DSSSL, the promise FOSI did not fulfill - Raf Schietekat
http://www.sil.org/sgml/schietek.html

Index to all DSSSL procedures by prototype by Henry S. Thompson
http://www.ltg.ed.ac.uk/~ht/dsssl-proc-index.html

A tutorial Introduction to SGML Architectures
W Eliot Kimber: http://WWW.ISOGEN.com/arch.htm

 Property Sets and Groves, W Eliot Kimber
http://www.hightext.com/IHC96/ek8.htm

SGML Document Management, W Eliot Kimber
http://www.sil.org/sgml/kimber-sgmldocm.html
or
http://www.passage.com/pubs/white/eliot/sgmldocm/sgmldocm.htm

Training:

Practical Formatting Using DSSSL
http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/pfudsyl/pfudsyl.htm

Documents:

Adler, Sharon C. "The ``ABCs'' of DSSSL."
Pages 597-602 in Structured Information/Standards for Document
Architectures.
Edited by Elisabeth Logan and Marvin Pollard.
Journal of the American Society for Information Science, Special Issue.
Volume 48, Number 7 (July 1997).
New York: John Wiley & Sons Inc., 1997.
ISSN: 0002-8231. Author's affiliation: Inso Corporation.