Re: Difficult Problem I'm Having

Subject: Re: Difficult Problem I'm Having
From: Tony Graham <tgraham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 18:52:15 -0400 (EDT)
At 7 Oct 1998 08:55 -0400, Chuck Darney wrote:
 > Hi All;
 >   I'm trying to process document instances that can have several values
 > for a given text entity. I'm using Adept 7 to create document fragments
 > (file entities) and for developemnt.  A front-end developed in-house
 > determines which text blocks are needed and the values for the text
 > entities to be used in those text blocks.  It then produces a file that
 > is run through the Jade processor to produce a RTF document.
 >
 > The examples below show a small piece of a much larger example (425 file
 > entities and 500 text entities).  The text entity changes so the same
 > text block can be re-used.  In this case, though, only the first
 > "class_id" is processed.

The text entity doesn't change because the first declaration of an
entity is the one that takes affect.  This is often put to good use in
DTDs and documents, but it's the oppposite of the effect that you are
trying to achieve.

 > Does any one have ANY suggestion how I might be able to perform such a
 > task.  I would like to be able to re-use the text blocks.  I won't know
 > how many classes there are until processed.

Maybe you could do something with processing instructions, or put each
fragment in a separate subdocument, but you can't redefine entities
part-way through a document.

Regards,

Tony Graham
Tony Graham                            mailto:tgraham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
17 West Jefferson Street                    Direct Phone: 301/315-9632