Re: Once is enough!!!

Subject: Re: Once is enough!!!
From: Chris Maden <crism@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 1998 13:21:29 -0400 (EDT)
[José Carlos Ramalho]
> Hi all, I am posting this message in this list because I think is
> the wright place, at least the wright audience, b ethe judge of
> that.

This is probably not the right place; this is for discussing DSSSL,
not SGML proposals.  A proposal for DocBook would best be posed to the
Davenport group (<URL:http://www.oreilly.com/davenport/>); general
SGML discussion is best posted to the comp.text.sgml newsgroup.

> MathML is becoming a standard for Math can't we think of one to deal
> with bibliography. We would not have to go very far: I am a former
> LaTeX user (I am trying to become an SGML user know, I am feeling
> some pains ...) and the bib format and the "bibtex" program are a
> good solution for managing a biblio DB; in this moment I am quite
> convinced to let my biblio-items stay in bib format and to create a
> Omnimark or Perl script to do the job of converting that into the
> DTD I choose to work with.

BibTeX is not that great; it is very good, but there are never-ending
questions on comp.text.tex on how to handle various border cases.
Still, I think most of those problems come from its fielded-data
approach; internal structure to those fields could resolve many of the
problems, so I think it might be a good starting point for a
standardized SGML bibliography solution.

I strongly encourage you to repost your proposal to comp.text.sgml.

-Chris