Re: Trying to Use SUBDOC (to solve Difficult Problem)

Subject: Re: Trying to Use SUBDOC (to solve Difficult Problem)
From: Tony Graham <tgraham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 10:51:58 -0400 (EDT)
At 12 Oct 1998 15:53 +0200, Matthias Clasen wrote:
 > No, I think you have to change the SUBDOC declaration to
 > SUBDOC YES <number of supported subdocs>. I think the system declaration

Correct.

 > for sp has SUBDOC YES 100. I don't know if that number means the nesting
 > depth of subdocs or simply the total number of subdocuments in a document.

Correct.  Quoting ISO 8879, with "SUBDOC YES <number>", the number
indicates "the specified number of SGML subdocument entities (1 or
more) may be open at one time."

"SUBDOC YES <number>" in the system declaration specifies the ability
of the system to support the feature, whereas in the SGML Declaration
it characterises the documents' use of that feature.

Regards,

Tony Graham
Tony Graham                            mailto:tgraham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
17 West Jefferson Street                    Direct Phone: 301/315-9632