Re: Using SUBDOCs

Subject: Re: Using SUBDOCs
From: Paul Prescod <papresco@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 11:26:51 -0400
The problem with SUBDOC is that it has no well-defined semantic. It is up
to the application to say what it means. You have two options, then:

 1. You can define a semantic and implement it in your stylesheet.

 2. You can use the semantic defined in the HyTime standard (valueref)
with the appropriate declarations and use a generalized valueref processor
(which would be a logical component of a generalized HyTime processor).

If you choose the first route, then look at Alexander Taranov's code to
see how it would be implemented.

If you choose the second route, then you can use the code implemented by
Eliot Kimber here: http://www.isogen.com/demos/dovalueref.html .

 Paul Prescod

Chuck Darney wrote:

> Has anyone had any experience using SUBDOCs that could share some tips
> and examples?  What I'm trying doesn't seem to be working properly.
>
> ...Chuck Darney
> ...cdarney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

It's such a
Bore