Re: What SGML Declaration File?

Subject: Re: What SGML Declaration File?
From: Norman Walsh <ndw@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 06:58:24 -0400
/ Chuck Darney <cdarney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> was heard to say:
| When processing a file through Jade, I use the following command:
|
| jade -d<dsssl spec> -t<output format> <SGML Declaration> <file to
| process>
|
| What happens if it doesn't get the <SGML Declaration>?  What does it
| use?  I've modified my declaration, but my processing appears to be
| using something different.
|
| Is there a way to test for declarations being used?

If you have a 'catalog' file in the directory where the <file to process>
resides, and that catalog specifies

  SGMLDECL path-to-declaration

that's the one that will get used.  If you don't, but some other catalog
has an SGMLDECL, that's what'll get used.  If none of your catalogs specify
a declaration, then I think you'll get the default SGML declaration.

                                        Cheers,
                                          norm
--
Norman Walsh <ndw@xxxxxxxxxx>      | No sense being pessimistic. It