Processing Siblings As Though They Were Children

Subject: Processing Siblings As Though They Were Children
From: "W. Eliot Kimber" <eliot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 07:03:46 -0500
I'm doing a DTD-to-DTD conversion and I've run into a situation that I
can't figure out an easy way to solve.

I've got an input content model that looks like this:

<!ELEMENT containter1
  (A?,B?,C?,
   (SubHead, A?, B?, C?)*)

On the output, I want to put any occurrence of "SubHead, ..." into a common
container.

I know I can loop over the children of container1 explicitly. What I can't
figure out--and I suspect I'm missing something fundamental or obvious--is
how to inject the container element into the output so that its content is
the result of processing subsequent As, Bs, and Cs, but not SubHeads.

Am I missing something obvious or is this in fact hard to do?

Thanks,

Eliot
--
<Address HyTime=bibloc>
W. Eliot Kimber, Senior Consulting SGML Engineer