Re: Processing Siblings As Though They Were Children

Subject: Re: Processing Siblings As Though They Were Children
From: "W. Eliot Kimber" <eliot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 08:50:37 -0500
At 07:36 PM 10/22/98 -0400, Chris Maden wrote:
>(element containter1
>	 (make element
>	       gi: "level-1-container"))
>
>(element SubHead
>	 (make element
>	       gi: "level-2-container"
>	       (make element
>		     gi: "level-2-title"
>		     (process-children))
>	       (process-node-list (node-list-filter ...[1]))))
>
>[1] is, of course, the interesting bit, but I have to go.  I would
>iterate (probably in a procedure) over the following siblings, consing
>elements until I hit another SubHead or ran out of siblings.

Right, I can loop over the node list and quit when I hit the next subhead,
but how do leave the context of the level-2-container and then have the
higher-level process (the process-children of container1) take up where
I've left off and not take up with the sibling following the SubHead, which
is where I would expect it to resume, as the subordinate process-node-list
won't, as far as I know, affect the process-children processing.

Thanks,

E.
--
<Address HyTime=bibloc>
W. Eliot Kimber, Senior Consulting SGML Engineer