Re: Finding the root element

Subject: Re: Finding the root element
From: ht@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Henry S. Thompson)
Date: 29 Oct 1998 17:11:14 +0000
"G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> At 98/10/29 15:32 +0000, Henry S. Thompson wrote:
> >Actually, undocumented feature of Jade is that (current-node) does in fact
> >return the root inside a root rule.
>
> Is that Jade-specific or DSSSL standard?  I assumed the description
> relating to "SDQL context" meant that "in the context of root,
> (current-node) returns the root node" ... but now that I look deeper into
> the spec, I can't find justification for that.

Indeed a thorough search of the electronic original reveals that there
are several gaps in the spec. wrt what the values are of
(current-node) and (current-root) in various contexts, most notably
for our purposes when the context is (root ...).  It certainly seems
reasonable that (current-node) should be DEFINED to be equivalent to
(current-root) in the root-construction-rule context.

A quick scan of the draft corrigenda doesn't reveal any attempt fill
these gaps either -- James?

ht
	    Fax: (44) 131 650-4587, e-mail: ht@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx