is there a future for the DSSSL standard?

Subject: is there a future for the DSSSL standard?
From: Bas Peters <bpeters@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 17:17:35 +0100
We are planning to implement a formatting routine for bibliographic
records and high on my priority list is Jade and DSSSL. I have been
prototyping a bit and it works fine, but before investing more time and
money, I was wondering: is there a future for the DSSSL standard. Until
now it is very difficult to collect information about using the
standard. I have the idea that the DocBook style-sheets are succesfull,
but that not much people are creating style-sheets for other DTD's.

Any response is welcome. Thanks in advance,

Regards

Bas Peters
bpeters@xxxxxx
IDC Publishers