Re: is there a future for the DSSSL standard?

Subject: Re: is there a future for the DSSSL standard?
From: Tony Graham <tgraham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 23:24:00 -0500 (EST)
At 13 Nov 1998 17:17 +0100, Bas Peters wrote:
 > We are planning to implement a formatting routine for bibliographic
 > records and high on my priority list is Jade and DSSSL. I have been
 > prototyping a bit and it works fine, but before investing more time and
 > money, I was wondering: is there a future for the DSSSL standard. Until
 > now it is very difficult to collect information about using the
 > standard. I have the idea that the DocBook style-sheets are succesfull,
 > but that not much people are creating style-sheets for other DTD's.

Well, I have 248 .dsl files on my hard drive, and they're not all
copies of the DocBook stylesheets (although some are customisations of
the DocBook stylesheets).  I have produced DSSSL stylesheets for
Mulberry's internal use -- we deliver DTD documentation in multiple
formats using DSSSL and use DSSSL to generate formatted output in
training sessions -- as well as stylesheets for conference papers, for
a technical journal, for clients, and for the DSSSL Documentation
Project.

I agree that it is difficult to find much information about using
DSSSL, but I am at a loss for what to do to get more information
sources about DSSSL.

Regards,

Tony Graham
Tony Graham                            mailto:tgraham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
17 West Jefferson Street                    Direct Phone: 301/315-9632