Re: is there a future for the DSSSL standard? (one testimonial)

Subject: Re: is there a future for the DSSSL standard? (one testimonial)
From: "Wilson, James.W" <James.W.Wilson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 07:46:58 -0600

in our company (a very large legal publisher) we have very successfully
used Jade and DSSSL as the basis for a system converting legal forms in sgml

into RTF. These are the main selling points of our 'forms' cds, which sell
for thousands of dollars. We process about one gig of data every month, and
this system has been extremely stable. The one bug which I found in Jade
itself
was fixed promptly - I think it took Sri Clark less than a day to get back
to me with the patch.

Our (600k) dtd is pretty specialized, so we had to roll our own style sheet;

it took me about two months of not-very-hard work (on my own, I might
mention)
to get things to a production-ready point, and I had never used DSSSL
before.
I give it my hearty endorsement.

James Wilson