underscores in XML tags

Subject: underscores in XML tags
From: Linda van den Brink <lvdbrink@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 13:05:11 +0100
Hi all,

I ( - still a newbie) am using Jade + DSSSL to convert a large number of
well-formed XML files to HTML format. I'm having a problem with some of the
tags I use because they contain the underscore ('_') character. I get
parsing errors saying that this character is not allowed in start tags or
end tags.

However, according to the XML specification (sec 2.3) this character is
allowed in XML tag names. Can I get Jade to accept it? I don't know how to
configure Jade for XML input, but until I started using underscores I didn't
have any problems...