How do I do this in dsssl/jade?

Subject: How do I do this in dsssl/jade?
From: "Glenn R. Kronschnabl" <grk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 09:48:18 -0600
I have an xml file that looks something like:

<vCardSet>
<vCard>
  <fn>Someone's name here</fn>
  <tel>555-1212</tel>
</vCard>
<vCard>
  <fn>Someone's name here</fn>
  <tel>555-1212</tel>
</vCard>  (many, many vCards potentially in this file)
<vCard>
</vCard>
</vCardSet>

Q1: I would like to print a phone-book like output, but I can't figure out
how to do this in dsssl!  I want something that looks like:

  * A *

   name that starts with A from <fn> tag/phone/etc
   name that starts with A from <fn> tag/phone/etc

  * B *

   name that starts with B from <fn> tag
   name that starts with B from <fn> tag
   name that starts with B from <fn> tag

  * E *

   name that starts with E ... (I think you get the drift).

I have spent the better part of a week trying to figure this out.  I have
tried to adapt the update-dict procedure that p. prescod posted some time
back (thread was 'List of speakers'), but no success yet.  What's
frustrating is that this would be EASY in almost any other language!  Can
someone point me in the right direction?  Thanks!

Q2: Right now I am sorting/reordering via perl-xml, but I assume I could
reorder the nodelist using dsssl/jade.  Anyone have some code I peruse?

(Q1 is more MUCH more important)

Cheers,
Glenn
Glenn R. Kronschnabl
Applied Research Laboratories        | grk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (PGP/MIME ok)
The University of Texas at Austin    | http://www.arlut.utexas.edu/~grk
PO Box 8029, Austin, TX 78713-8029   | (Ph) 512.835.3642 (FAX) 512.835.3808
10,000 Burnet Road, Austin, TX 78758 | ... but an Aggie at heart!