Re: jade translates certain things to upper case

Subject: Re: jade translates certain things to upper case
From: Norman Walsh <ndw@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 13:09:42 -0500
| Why is 'all' translated to upper, how can this be avoided ???

Your SGML declaration uses, er, NAMECASE GENERAL YES which makes
everything case-insensitive (and uppercase).  If you use a declaration
that specifies NAMECASE GENERAL NO, then no case folding will be done,
but then everything has to match in a case-sensitive way, which may
be difficult to achieve.

| I honestly scanned the archive to understand this problem.
| I admit there was something, e.g. some references to
| functions to turn things to lower case again. Do I really have
| to use these ?

If you want to leave your declaration alone and force selected strings
to lowercase, yes.

                                        Cheers,
                                          norm
--