RE: FW: About Jade in Dll?

Subject: RE: FW: About Jade in Dll?
From: "Didier PH Martin" <martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 16:39:47 -0500
Hi Paul,

I am trying to convert Jade into a dll but I'm having a lot of difficulties
to do that with VC++ 5.0. Maybe 6.0 will be easier??? I can't even put the
code in debug mode. So it seems that VC++ 5.0 is having difficulties with
the code (In case you would say that: I have doubled check if everything was
compiled in debug mode).

For the other question:
I want to directly input a grove that comes from a hierarchical database.
XML and SGMl documents have been translated into a hierrarchical database
having the same characteristics as a directory service. This means that each
element is a property set. Contrary to directory service, each element is
not constrained by a schema. This way each document element is converted
into a name space record (i.e. a directory element). Now this hierarchy is
like a grove. If I give to the hiearchical database a grove interface, I
should be able to directly input that to the DSSSL processor to convert the
grove into a displable document. This way, I do not have any overhead of
doing the translation from the database to a SGML document then to a HTML or
RTF document. I simply bypass the SGML document creation and plug the DSSSL
processor directly on the model. So, I reduce the processing by not having
to parse the SGML document, or that the parsing is done only once and then
the transformation process done for each kind of client. Thus, the overall
process is simply more efficient. This is why I want to pug that directly to
the grove, to bypass the SGML parsing step. Or said differently, parse the
SGML document once, transform it into a hierarchical database hierarchy of
property sets. Then plug the DSSSL interpreter directly to the database for
each client requesting a displayable document.

Didier PH Martin
mailto:martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.netfolder.com