Re: Entity files for Jade/DocBook?

Subject: Re: Entity files for Jade/DocBook?
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 09:20:42 GMT
> But I'm having a conceptual problem with your suggestion to use the math
> flow objects.  I thought that by the time the DSSSL process was
> underway, the SGML parser had already replaced entity references with
> their definitions?  So how would one apply a flow object to a defined
> entity?  Obviously I'm either ignorant or confused (or both :-).

Or neither. Using math flow objects would require using a local set of
entity definitions so that  &agr; mapped to some element with content
being the unicode character for alpha, rather than just being a simple
character entity. Your stylesheet could then pick up this element and
use the math sequence flow object to render the character. As I said
before this is not ideal but it does in fact work on an oldish copy of
word running in windows95 without the multilingual extensions (I
checked:-)

David