Re: environment variable

Subject: Re: environment variable
From: "Mitch C. Amiano" <amiamc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 13:55:51 -0500
While Jade has a -V option to set a variable to "#t" (true), there
is no standard method of accessing environmental variables.

If you are altering your environment based on a fairly high level
abstraction, then you can also use catalog files to set up
an environment. For instance a tool I wrote uses Jade to filter
a set of SGML files, producing output for three different
audiences (tool administrators, tool users, and documentation
authors). Before calling Jade, it sets SGML_CATALOG_FILES to point
to the appropriate catalog for the audience. Each audience specific
catalog file declares values for entities called out in the document.
Badaboom, Badabing, there you go: output appropriate to the audience,
while the document and style sheet remain pristine.

J-P Theberge wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there a way for jade to get the values of environment variables?
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> JP Theberge
> yesod@xxxxxxxxxxx

--   SGML (es JEE em el) n.: the pavement of the Information Superhighway   --
Mitch C. Amiano                                         amiamc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Technical Staff Member  Advanced Design Process Group  Alcatel Network Systems
Opinions expressed are my own and are not a representation of Alcatel