RE: Flow Object Macros for HTML 3.2

Subject: RE: Flow Object Macros for HTML 3.2
From: Tony Graham <tgraham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 1999 11:36:41 -0500 (EST)
At 29 Jan 1999 19:48 -0500, Didier PH Martin wrote:
 > Is it hard to bring the lib to HTML 4.0 DTD? The problem with 3.2 is that
 > you cannot use DIV construct, and you know these construct allow you treat
 > blocks and are quite useful. Otherwise, I really prefer you macros than
 > using GI etc... It is much more readable.

It was convenient to use HTML 3.2 for the initial proof of concept.
There's nothing stopping anybody from making a similar module for HTML
4.0.

In fact, as long as the characteristic values are always strings, it
would be relatively easy to write a script, e.g. a Perl script using
Earl Hood's dtd.pl module, to read an arbitrary DTD then write out the
flow object macros for the elements in that DTD.

 > I am learning a lot by reading your macros. thanx Tony.

Glad you find them useful.

Also, speaking as dssslist-owner for a moment, please don't quote
entire messages in your replies: it is preferable to quote only the
portions to which you are directly replying, and, as a previous poster
noted, it helps when the reply is clearly differentiated from the
quoted material.

Regards,

Tony Graham
Tony Graham                            mailto:tgraham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
17 West Jefferson Street                    Direct Phone: 301/315-9632