Re: About a very useful tool

Subject: Re: About a very useful tool
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 1999 16:54:25 GMT
> TEX I am trying hard and send several mail to Sebastian to have JadeTex work
> with the IBM Tex Plug-in named TechExplorer but it seems that Sebastian used
> some features hard to integrate in the plug-in. But I am still investigating
> this with IBM guys (techExplorer designer: Bob Sutor). So, this is work in
> progress.

Techexplorer is nice, but it does not render _tex_ it renders a markup
that is by now a very complete subset of the `typical' document markup
in latex and (some simple plain tex) documents.

The output from the tex backend in Jade is not at all typical.
rather than use techexplorer, can't you just set up a helper app for tex
files that is a script that runs jadetex, followed by a dvi previewer?

David