(Experimental) Modular DocBook Stylesheets V1.34 released

Subject: (Experimental) Modular DocBook Stylesheets V1.34 released
From: Norman Walsh <ndw@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 1999 12:12:15 -0500
Folks,

I just uploaded 1.34.

  http://nwalsh.com/docbook/dsssl/db134.zip

Lots of changes, and I won't be surprised if I botched the
distribution in some obvious and stupid way.

- I've switched to CVS, so I should be able to publish diffs for
  future releases.

- I've changed the doctype for dblib.dsl and both dbparam.dsl files.
  They're now based on my own DocBook DSSSL architecture.  This lets
  them be both DSSSL and documentation source.  It also means that the
  documentation is split up differently.

- I added support for rules above and below figures, tables, equations,
  and examples.

- I changed the formatting of formal objects to only output a label
  for elements in the named-formal-objects list.  This means that
  the I18N versions of *.ent in common can include strings for
  things like Sidebar and LegalNotice without having them generated
  as labels whenever these objects are formatted with a title.

- The contrib directory includes an example of using a graphicco to
  make a client-side image map.

- I probably did a bunch of other things.  Here's the ChangeLog:

Changes since version 1.33 (1999-01-13)

Changes to docbook/*

  | 1999-02-01  Norman Walsh  <ndw@xxxxxxxxxx>
  |
  | 	* VERSION: Version 1.34 released.
  |
  | 1999-01-21  Norman Walsh  <ndw@xxxxxxxxxx>
  |
  | 	* catalog: Fixed public id for DocBook DSSSL Architecture doctype

Changes to docbook/lib/*

  | 1999-02-01  Norman Walsh  <ndw@xxxxxxxxxx>
  |
  | 	* dblib.dsl: Added dbhtml PI; fixed IDs
  |
  | 	* dblib.dsl: Fixed dbhtml PI
  |
  | 1999-01-21  Norman Walsh  <ndw@xxxxxxxxxx>
  |
  | 	* dblib.dsl: New file.

Changes to docbook/common/*

  | 1999-02-01  Norman Walsh  <ndw@xxxxxxxxxx>
  |
  | 	* dbcommon.dsl: Added autolabel function for Abstracts
  |
  | 	* dbl1en.ent: Changed LegalNotice entity
  |
  | 1999-01-17  Norman Walsh  <ndw@xxxxxxxxxx>
  |
  | 	* dbl1da.ent: Changed Section as per suggestion from Peter Toft.

Changes to docbook/print/*

  | 1999-02-01  Norman Walsh  <ndw@xxxxxxxxxx>
  |
  | 	* dbblock.dsl: Added (named-formal-objects) list to control whether or not a formal
  | 	object title begins with "name-of-element:" or not.  In previous versions,
  | 	the label was always generated, unless "name-of-element" was empty, but
  | 	this is impractical.  It means, for example, that you can't have the name
  | 	of the element defined for other reasons.
  |
  | 	* dbparam.dsl: Tinkered with metainfo; fixed IDs
  |
  | 1999-01-21  Norman Walsh  <ndw@xxxxxxxxxx>
  |
  | 	* db31.dsl, dbblock.dsl, dbmath.dsl: Added support for rules before and after blocks (examples, figures, tables, and equations)
  |
  | 	* dbadmon.dsl: Fixed formatting problems in admonitions with multiple paras
  |
  | 	* dbinline.dsl: Added underlining to Accel formatting
  |
  | 	* dbparam.dsl: Moved DocBook DSSSL Architecture back to DocBook 3.0, so renamed constant to literal.
  |
  | 	* dbparam.dsl: Converted to the DocBook DSSSL Architecture doctype.  Added parameters
  | 	for rules before and after blocks.
  |
  | 	* dbprint.dsl: Moved the print-backend function from dbparam to here.
  |
  | 	* docbook.dsl: Changed inclusion of dbparam and dblib from entity reference to
  | 	external specification.  This allows them to be complete doctypes.

Changes to docbook/html/*

  | 1999-02-01  Norman Walsh  <ndw@xxxxxxxxxx>
  |
  | 	* dbblock.dsl: Added (named-formal-objects) list to control whether or not a formal
  | 	object title begins with "name-of-element:" or not.  In previous versions,
  | 	the label was always generated, unless "name-of-element" was empty, but
  | 	this is impractical.  It means, for example, that you can't have the name
  | 	of the element defined for other reasons.
  |
  | 	* dbparam.dsl: Tinkered with metainfo; fixed IDs
  |
  | 	* dbttlpg.dsl: Added element rules for pubdate, publisher, publishername, pubsnumber,
  | 	and releaseinfo to the set titlepage recto mode.
  |
  | 1999-01-21  Norman Walsh  <ndw@xxxxxxxxxx>
  |
  | 	* db31.dsl, dbblock.dsl, dbmath.dsl: Added support for rules before and after blocks (examples, figures, tables, and equations)
  |
  | 	* dbhtml.dsl, dblists.dsl: Support for compact itemized and ordered lists
  |
  | 	* dbparam.dsl: Moved DocBook DSSSL Architecture back to DocBook 3.0, so renamed constant to literal.
  |
  | 	* dbparam.dsl: Converted to the DocBook DSSSL Architecture doctype.  Added parameters
  | 	for rules before and after blocks.
  |
  | 	* dbttlpg.dsl: Removed default rules
  |
  | 	* docbook.dsl: Changed inclusion of dbparam and dblib from entity reference to
  | 	external specification.  This allows them to be complete doctypes.

Changes to docbook/test/*

  | 1999-01-15  Norman Walsh  <ndw@xxxxxxxxxx>
  |
  | 	* db31.sgm, emc2.gif, emc2i.gif, multicol.dsl, multicol.sgm, tennis.jpg, tennis.mpeg:
  | 	New file.
  |
  | 	* docinfo.rtf: This was never supposed to be checked in.
  |
  | 	* xbiblio.sgm, xrefent.sgm: Removed

Changes to docbook/test/cases/*

  | 1999-01-21  Norman Walsh  <ndw@xxxxxxxxxx>
  |
  | 	* inlines.sgm: Added test for Accel
  |
  | 1999-01-15  Norman Walsh  <ndw@xxxxxxxxxx>
  |
  | 	* docbook.css, elements, headft.dsl: Not supposed to be here.
  |
  | 	* titlepg.sgm: Added new revision to revhistory test

Changes to docbook/docsrc/*