Postioning Graphics side by side

Subject: Postioning Graphics side by side
From: "Roger Holberton" <roger.holberton@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 09:51:43 +0100
Hi,

	I am having a problem outputting graphics in RTF. My SGML looks like this:

<GRAPHICGR>
<GRAPHIC FILEREF='001_000'>
<GRAPHIC FILEREF='002_000'>
<GRAPHIC FILEREF='003_000'>
<GRAPHIC FILEREF='004_000'>
<GRAPHIC FILEREF='005_000'>
</GRAPHICGR>

and I would like the images to appear one after the other across the page like this

<IMAGE 001> <IMAGE 002> <IMAGE 003> <IMAGE 004> <IMAGE 005>

When I use "make external-graphic" with "display: #f", the graphics are positioned as I would like, but they only display the portion that would fit on one line (i.e about 1/6" high)

When I use "display?: #t" the graphics are displayed in their entirety, but appear as
<IMAGE 001>
<IMAGE 002>
<IMAGE 003>
<IMAGE 004>
<IMAGE 005>

with a <CR> inserted between each image. If I delete the <CR> manually, I get the formatting I want. The "inhibit-line-breaks?:" and "keep-with-previous?:"  options do not seem to make any difference.

	And help on how to either display the full graphic when "Display?:" is false or to remove the <CR> when "display?:" is true would be appreciated.

Roger Holberton
Senior Analyst Programmer
International Registrations Department
World Intellectual Property Organization
++ 41 22 338 96 38
Roger.Holberton@xxxxxxxx