Re: How to extend a function?

Subject: Re: How to extend a function?
From: Norman Walsh <ndw@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 07:02:41 -0500
| Assumed the style sheet had something like
|
| (define (xyz a)
|  (cond
|   ((equal? a "X") #f)
|   (else #t)))
|
| Now I want to "use" that style sheet and say
|
| (define (xyz a)
|  (cond
|   ((equal? a "Y") #f)
|   (else (xzy a))))
|
| The last call should go to the first definition.  Possible?

I don't think so. But, if you can frame the problem in terms of
construction rules, you can call next-match.

For example, if you wanted to put square brackets around commands,
but you wanted the presentation of commands otherwise unchanged,
you could put the following in your stylesheet:

(element command
  (make sequence
    (literal "[")
    (next-match)