Re: node lists

Subject: Re: node lists
From: "Joerg F. Wittenberger" <Joerg.Wittenberger@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 14:53:20 +0100

NW> | If I had something like (make-node children-node-list), which
NW>| (element intro
NW>|  (process-node-list (make-node gi: section
NW>|                       (node-list
NW>|                        (make-node gi: title "Introduction")
NW>|                        (children (current-node))))))

NW> Well, I'm not sure exactly what you're after, but you could
NW> certainly write a function that collects all the children of INTRO
NW> and builds a node list that contains only the ones you want
NW> enumerated. Then you could walk down that node list counting them.

I guess you mean something like
(let ((childs (select-elements (children (current-node))
			       ...some expression)))
  (process-node-list childs))

That's *not* quite what I'm after.  My Idea was to construct a node
list, which would create a sigleton node list with just one node
SECTION which has all/some children of INTRO *plus* a new node TITLE
made from literal text in front of them.  This in turn should trigger
the usual "(element section ...)"  construction rule.

There will be a small problem, the new node would have to be part of a
bigger node list containing all the nodes from the book (otherwise the
numbering will certainly break).  But that's just a matter of the
amount of code and doing the same thing at book level.

I do not whether I am asking here "how is that function called?" or
"Why is there no way?".

NW> If there aren't too many nodes to look at, you could even have
NW> your construction rule for the elements inside INTRO do this
NW> calculation each time, and simply find themselves on the list.

Here I can't follow you.  Sight.

NW> (This isn't the XREF problem you described in mail to the DocBook
NW> list, is it?  If so, I now understand completely why XREFs didn't
NW> work ;-/)

Unfortunatly it isn't.  The xref not working problem is that a plain
docbook book wich has some XREF's inside does (still) not generate any
text for the xref's.  The xref element appears not at all in the print
output for me.  I have in the first chapter:

<glosslist>
<glossentry>
<glossdef><para/Unterstützung beim SGML-Tagging/</glossdef>
</glossentry>
</glosslist>
</sect1>

And in the third:

  <Reference><title>Nutzerinterface</title>
   <RefEntry id="psgml">

The output is like:

emacs+psgml
   Unterstützung beim SGML-Tagging

Right now I've got a complain about tables not being numbered.  I'll
look into that detailed before posting that for real.