Re: none

Subject: Re: none
From: Norman Walsh <ndw@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 06:45:49 -0500
/ John McClure <hypergrove@xxxxxxxxxxx> was heard to say:
| Microsoft is one of those that implements XSL as (just!) a transformation
| language, with the apparent idea that the formatting objects in HTML are
| quite adequate for the time being. "For the time being", I agree with this
| approach also, and would like to see the specs track to that, renaming XSL
| into something more descriptive of its current transformation function.

<vent>
The XSL spec contains both a transformation language (one
designed specifically for transformations required for
presentation) and a vocabulary of formatting objects.  How does
the decision of an implementor to implement only part of a
specification change the "current function" of a specification!?
</vent>

Not that I'll be the slightest bit surprised if we wind up
producing two specs.

                                        Cheers,
                                          norm
--