The simple-page-sequence FO vs the page-sequence FO - Possible implementation in PDF.

Subject: The simple-page-sequence FO vs the page-sequence FO - Possible implementation in PDF.
From: "Didier PH Martin" <martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 17:48:14 -0500
Hi,

I just read the specs and a simple-page-sequence is a lot more easier to
implement than a page-sequence object. In fact, the main difference is that
a simple-sequence-object has a less features than a page-sequence object.

The main difference between these two page models is that all with the
simple-page-sequence model all pages are the same. With the page-sequence
model pages could be with different characteristics. For example the first
page of a document could be with different settings than the other pages.

So
a) simple-page-sequence is easy to implement - all pages are the same
b) page sequence needs more work because pages could be different.

I think that both page models could be easily implemented in PDF which
encompass both page models.

Regards
Didier PH Martin
mailto:martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx