RE: The simple-page-sequence FO vs the page-sequence FO - Possibl e implementation in PDF.

Subject: RE: The simple-page-sequence FO vs the page-sequence FO - Possibl e implementation in PDF.
From: "Didier PH Martin" <martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 1999 11:23:37 -0500
Hi Avi

<YourComment>
Did you consider page-models, column-sets, column-subsets, zones, floats,
ports, sync sets, spans?
I get dizzy just considering all the names.
</YourComment>

<Reply>
I am scanning the dsssl engine code to find how (if it is already
implemented) the page-model list is handled. I think that we can say that a
simple-page-sequence is a page-sequence with a single page-model.

Each page model is conceptually an area but form the code point of view it
is also a container for all other objects it contains. I am doing a trace to
catch how the ownership is handled. The processing is handled more in the
style.dll module because it is general and do not involve back-ends FOs
implementations. I am also tracing how column are treated in this case.
Quite a lot of work I should say :)
</Reply>

Regards
Didier PH Martin