RE: Hypergroves

Subject: RE: Hypergroves
From: "Russell Steven Shawn O'Connor" <roconnor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 15:28:22 -0500 (EST)
On Sun, 21 Feb 1999, Avi Kivity wrote:

> Yes, you can. The (sgml-parse) procedure will take an entity system id
> (=filename) representing an SGML document and return a grove.
> This is commonly used in conjunction with ENTITY attributes.
> It works very well with Jade.

Okay, have a few problems with jade.  My document I'm parsing is an XML
document.  My dsssl style-sheet is not an XML document.  I use jade with
the following command

jade -d foo.dsssl -t sgml \sgml\decl\xml.decl foo.xml

The problem is that the document I refer to (ie the document I pass to
sgml-parse) is an XML document.  As such it needs an XML declaration, but
is not allowed to have one explicitly.  But jade will parse it using the
standard declarations, hence I get several erros about omitted tag
minimization paramters in the DTD.

So, how do I deal with this problem.

--
Russell O'Connor                           roconnor@xxxxxxxxxxxx