Re: LPD

Subject: Re: LPD
From: Brandon Ibach <bibach@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 1999 23:12:06 -0600
Quoting Russell Steven Shawn O'Connor <roconnor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> What an LPD as mentioned in 10.1.7 of the DSSSL spec. It's not defined in
> the entire document.  The only other time it is used is in the SGML grove
> definition.

   An LPD, if I recall correctly, is a "Link Process Definition".
LPDs are specified in the SGML spec itself.  It's been a while since I
read the spec (or, rather, the SGML Handbook) on these, but as I
recall, they seemed to be some sort of strange attempt at processing.
I'd have to go back and read up on them again to be able to say
anything more helpful than that.
   Can anyone shed some additional light on the nature of LPDs?

-Brandon :)