Re: processing time

Subject: Re: processing time
From: Daniel Speck <dspeck@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 1999 08:54:25 -0500
jim_albright@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Using JADE on a 6MB file the processing time for the identity process
> is about 45 seconds and when I transform to Folios Flat File via DSSSL
> it takes 24 minutes.
>
> Is this reasonable/normal? or should I be looking for ways to speed it
> up?

You should look for ways to speed it up. I would add calls to (debug ...)
at critical places so that you can gauge where the time is being spent and
then look for ways to re-write the slow parts. Some functions that have a
definition provided in the standard, (node-list-difference) is one, take a
long time.

-dan

--
Daniel Speck
Bureau of National Affairs, Inc.               Voice: +1 202.452.6596