Re: Jade: conversion time

Subject: Re: Jade: conversion time
From: Norman Walsh <ndw@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 09:54:53 -0400
| Actually I don't know much about DSSSL, I am using the stylesheets provided
| by Norman Walsh (http://nwalsh.com) for the Docbook DTD (I am using the
| XML version of this DTD). My XML are very simple and not big at all (only
| few kilobytes). Thanks for the tip...

Can you post your XML? If you can run the print stylesheet and
let me know how long that takes, that would also be helpful.

There is a performance problem in the HTML stylesheets, but I've
never been able to isolate what it is. (I spent several days
hacking at what I thought it was (calculation of navigation
links), only to discover that that is not the problem.)

James suggested building a debug version of Jade and running a
profiler to see where the problems are. Yep, that's what I
should do, but I don't know when I'll have the time to do it...

                                        Cheers,
                                          norm
--
Norman Walsh <ndw@xxxxxxxxxx>      | If you are hankering after