Re: How to overriding the title page

Subject: Re: How to overriding the title page
From: Richard Kunze <kunze@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 17:40:04 +0200
On Tue, 20 Apr 1999, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I'm trying to cutomize the docbook title page from Norms style sheets
>without luck.  All I need is to get some logos and place other info
>there and forget about the original version.

You can get quite far on customizing the book titlepage by changing
book-titlepage-recto-elements and book-titlepage-verso-elements (for front and
back side of the title page). Just include the elements you want to appear in
there. If you want to change the titlepage layout, redefine the modes
book-titlepage-recto-mode and book-titlepage-verso-mode in your driver file.

As for the inclusion of logos in the title page, I haven't needed this yet, but
I can think of at least two hacks:
- redefine an element in your driver sheet to include the logo (say, redefine
  element title in titlepage-recto-mode to include your logo in the output).
- copy-and-paste the definition of book-titlepage from dbtitle.dsl to your
  driver and change it to your needs (ugly, I know).

If anyone knows a better solution, I'd like to know as well.

Best regards,

	Richard

--
Richard Kunze