Re: Jade: conversion time

Subject: Re: Jade: conversion time
From: Norman Walsh <ndw@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 10:23:18 -0400
/ Adam Di Carlo <adam@xxxxxxxxxxx> was heard to say:

| G> OK but I will never be able to make a dynamic on-line
| G> conversion... the user can't wait more than a 5 second
| G> conversion...
|
| No -- I think you'd need to do caching or offline(nightly) creation or
| some such.

If I was trying to improve the performance of the DocBook stylesheets,
I'd begin by doing three things.

1. Turn off all the languages you don't need
2. Flatten the stylesheet document (expand all entities, remove all comments)
3. Remove all extra spaces and store the resulting stylesheet on a fast disk

                                        Cheers,
                                          norm
--
Norman Walsh <ndw@xxxxxxxxxx>      | Never pass a snow plow on the