Docbook question: link

Subject: Docbook question: link
From: Glauber Ribeiro <glauber@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 15:37:32 -0500
Hello,

one more question, and hopefully i won't bother you for a few days. :-)

I haven't been able to figure out how to do hyperlinks in DocBook. The
DocBook documentation seems to be corrupted there (when it talks of link
type, it seems to be talking about something altogether different).

I'm doing this:

This is the point<anchor id="myjump"> i want to jump to.

This is the <link endpoint="myjump">point</link> i want to jump from.

When rendering the document with Jade in RTF or TeX, this creates a
hyperlink where i expected it to be, with a destination of "myjump".
However, the anchor seems to have disappeared, and there is nowhere to
jump to. I don't know if i'm doing something wrong or missing something
in the <link> or <anchor> tags.

All the automatic hyperlinks (like the table of contents) are working
fine.

Thank you again,

Glauber

--
Glauber Ribeiro --- Integrated Warehousing Solutions  (IWS)
mailto:glauber@xxxxxxxxxxxx         http://www.iws-irms.com