RE: About the source library

Subject: RE: About the source library
From: "Didier PH Martin" <martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 09:15:19 -0400
Hi Sebastian,

I made changes to Jade but published them with the SGML/XML kit. The changes
are:
a) conversion from a process EXE to a DLL (done)
b) modifications in the HTML backend (still under development)
c) bug correction for macro processing (still under development)

About James. Have you seen James posting messages in this list since the
last 6 months? (R: no). Have you seen James posting messages in the XSL list
since the last six months?(R; yes). I cannot speak for James but it seems
that actually his interests are not on DSSSL but more on XSL. Also, James is
the editor for XSL specs, implementer of a XSL reference engine (XT).
Evidence seems to be that James is more active with W3C activities. This is
not a criticism just factual observations.

Because of the SGML/XML Kit I have to play or (understand) the code quite
often. This is why I proposed to manage patches for the Win32 platform
because I cannot do tests on other platforms. Somebody else has to do it for
other platforms like Unix (or Linux).

Somebody made the suggestion to host the source code management on their
server. I asked, how is this going on?

Sebastian, If we want Jade to evolve, we have now to organize ourselves and
stop worrying if James will or will not do it. Did he answered on the last
comments people made? We have to thanks James for all he did, but it seems
that Jade future in our hands now.

If I do a modification that impact on jade backbends or do a bug correction
I'll post it. But first, let's organize ourselves.

Up to now Mattias and Oisin posted patches. I am currently looking at them
for integration and looking for side effects.

regards
Didier PH Martin
mailto:martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.netfolder.com