Re: About the source library

Subject: Re: About the source library
From: Sebastian Rahtz <sebastian.rahtz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 16:56:07 +0000 (GMT)
Glauber Ribeiro writes:
 > address to distribute beta versions of Jade with changes. It would be
 > especially nice to have Jade implement the full DSSSL spec, and from
 > what people have posted, it seems to be very close now. Maybe someone

I am not sure why you think this. Jade does not implement the
transformation language, of course; but more importantly it goes
nowhere for complex page models. I was not aware that anyone was
considering that. in its present state, it severely limits the
usefulness of Jade for serious typesetting. If all you want it for is
(SG|X)ML to HTML transformation, might as well go with the crowd and
use XSLT ("excess, light", as it might be aptly named)

Sebastian