RE: About the article

Subject: RE: About the article
From: "Didier PH Martin" <martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 May 1999 15:23:55 -0400
Hi Adam,

If it works, keep it that way and do not change your habits. However, If you
have to show DSSSL to novices, it helps to write dsssl rules with
indentations. I didn't told you that your habits are bad. Simply that
because of the way we write dsssl scripts, people new to this language find
it hard to find their way with all the )))). A way to facilitate their
adaptation id to use indentation. I hope that you see and understand the
point.

PS: being in this computer world since more than 20 years I am fully aware
that DSSSL comes from lisp. And I know that DSSSL is based on scheme witch
is itself a lisp dialect. Do not worry, I am aware of all this. I am simply
thinking of the huge mass of people who cannot enjoy DSSSL because of
a) our habits
b) way to explain them things.
c) start from where they are instead of where we are.

--------------
Then why do you only write tools that run on non-free platforms?  I've
seen several announcements of your stuff, and it looks interesting,
but I can't run it.

Sorry, I do not have this free platform as you say to test and implement.
Also, I expressly said that I am working on a Mozilla version. However,
actually I have to fight more against others bug than my own ones. So, Adam,
I did gave things to others. However, speaking of providing stuff on free
platforms. But I am counting on you to do it, isn't it?

regards
Didier PH Martin
mailto:martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.netfolder.com