RE: To James - The DSSSL bazaar and the cathedral

Subject: RE: To James - The DSSSL bazaar and the cathedral
From: "Didier PH Martin" <martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 May 1999 09:07:22 -0400
Hi Tom,

Hi: Does DSSSL offer options for linking? Thanks, Tom

Yes but it is used only in the "-t html" backend. Only idref links are
implemented. My previous article on the HTML implementation spoke a bit
about the Link formatting object. I am digging in the code now and I'll be
able to write more about this object, the actual implementation in Jade and
what we can do for Hytime,TEI and URLs (with proper modifications).

the article talking about the "link" object is:

http://www.netfolder.com/SGML/HTML-CSS%20Formatting%20objects.html

PS: The SGML/XML Kit already has the DSSSL engine with html support. To get
the same thing with Jade stand alone compile it with the "USE_HTML" compile
option.

regards
Didier PH Martin
mailto:martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx