RE: About the source library

Subject: RE: About the source library
From: "Didier PH Martin" <martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 May 1999 09:02:11 -0400
Hi Peter

<Comment>
I'm working on a braille formatter which will have use for parts of it, so
the page-sequence etc. will have to be done ... someday. (May take some
year or two before I need it.)
</Comment>

<reply>
Wow this is great!
</reply>

<Comment>
Also, someone talked about a native formatter some month ago. Is it being
wokred on?
</comment>

<reply>
I do not know what you mean by a native formatter but I am actually working
on a DOM backend so that instead of having the cycle:
XML/SGML ->HTML->rendition we'll have instead XML/SGML->rendition. So there
will be less steps because there won't be any need to interpret the HTML.
This should improve the overall speed of the processor for on-line
rendition.
</reply>

regards
Didier PH Martin