RE: indentation (was Re: About the article)

Subject: RE: indentation (was Re: About the article)
From: DPawson@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 7 May 1999 11:33:18 +0100
 Brandon Ibach wrote:

 My point in this is that you may not want to go too far to
>draw someone in to DSSSL if they wouldn't be willing to invest the
>time to really learn how to use it properly.

As someone who went through this some time back
(about 18 months ago), I was drawn into it via some very
simple examples, then Paul P's great intro.

I started to delve deeper, and went downhill fast learning
scheme, reading the spec, anything else etc. Thats where
I had to decide on the investment.
Fortunately, I found the investment sufficiently rewarding,
fairly quickly.
(Anything less than scheme I now find a bit 'dirty' :-)

My point is that the first couple of sessions with DSSSL were
very rewarding, and were enough to get me hooked.
It might work for others?

A simplepage sequence,
a few make paragraphs etc
and hey presto I had RTF output.
 Instant gratification.

That could be used as the 'bait' in a selling exercise?

HTH DaveP