Bait (was RE: indentation)

Subject: Bait (was RE: indentation)
From: "Simon North" <north@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 May 1999 13:47:30 +0001
> My point is that the first couple of sessions with DSSSL were
> very rewarding, and were enough to get me hooked.
> It might work for others?

advertising!!</sidenote>

I do hope so. The simple examples were what got me going, but
there's no substitute for being able to see the results and that's
why I thought HyBrick was so great. I never cease to be impressed
with what you can do with DSSSL and sharing your view that
maybe all people need is a kick-start, I devoted a whole chapter of
"Teach Yourself XML in 21 Days" to DSSSL/jade/HyBrick. It's a
mass-market book, but I hope the simple hands-on approach will
work.

> A simplepage sequence,
> a few make paragraphs etc
> and hey presto I had RTF output.
>  Instant gratification.
>
> That could be used as the 'bait' in a selling exercise?

I figured that what was more attractive were the things that you
could call "added value" on HTML conversions such as multiple
columns (took me ages to get that right) and tables of contents
(still not happy with that one).

Simon North

Simon North        north@xxxxxxxxxxxx       sintac@xxxxxxxxx
PGP Fingerprint 97FA 6A6C 1136 A66A 431D  8454 9C16 F677 A4C8 9CE2
co-author "Presenting XML", "HTML4 Unleashed, PRE", "Dynamic Web Publishing Unleashed",
author "Sams Teach Yourself XML in 21 Days".

So much stupidity ... so few comets ...
Too many clowns ... not enough circuses.