RE: About the source library

Subject: RE: About the source library
From: Avi Kivity <Avi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 May 1999 18:07:02 +0200
On Saturday, May 08, 1999 01:47, John McClure [SMTP:hypergrove@xxxxxxxxxxx]
wrote:
> Huh? Could you explain why you feel this way? There are many many
> many applications that require a fixed presentation.
> Thanks,
> John

A page description language is good for printed presentation of text: you
print it, and it comes out exactly as the author indended (unless you have a
different page size, example European A4 vs. US Letter)

A page description language is good for online presentation of graphics: it
displays the way the author intended (unless you have less color depth)

A page description language is not good for online presentation of text: the
page size is sure to be different since my monitor and window sizes are
different than yours. If I make the window small, either I have to pan the
window, or I have to use a microscope to read the text.

Ever read documents online using Acrobat Reader? An unpleasant experience,
at least partly because of the static format.