Re: jade/jadetex with tables (was: Re: jade/jadetex & 2 questions)

Subject: Re: jade/jadetex with tables (was: Re: jade/jadetex & 2 questions)
From: Sebastian Rahtz <sebastian.rahtz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 16:34:27 +0000 (GMT)
Joerg Wittenberger writes:

 > That reminds me to the "About the source library" thread.  From my
 > recent experience I'd conclude that jade/jadetex is great in principle
 > but for actual use it needs some work.  Who dares to estimate man
yes, its fine for some classes of document, but for others its simply
inadequate. but then  thats true of Jade itself

 > days?  I mean it should take maybe $20000 to convince somebody to
 > spent half a year at it and I would actually pay a share of that as I
 > would contribute my time.  Who else?
me. we got as far as we have in tables by me specifying to Kathleen
what the output should be. whats needed now is extensive examination
to see what *should* come out in the .tex file. Maybe David
Megginson's entire TeX backend needs to be thrown away and start
again. SOmetimes I think that would be best