RE: SGML entity mgmt stds (was Re: ISUG and DSSSL)

Subject: RE: SGML entity mgmt stds (was Re: ISUG and DSSSL)
From: "Didier PH Martin" <martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 1999 15:22:08 -0400
Hi Adam,

Adam said:
I would like to point all SGML/DSSSL authors to the guidelines
published at
<URL:http://www.sgmltools.org/docs/sgml-dir-standard/t01.html>, namely
the "SGML on Unix Directory Hierarchy Standard".

Didier says:
I do not have the same structure as specified in this document but I do not
see any problem to adapt to it. It seems that the proposed structure is:

SGML
  |__ DTD
  |__ entity
  |__ Stylesheet
  |__ misc

I would have only one reserve about the "stylesheet" directory. I would call
that "scripts" instead because it may be also other thing than strict
stylesheet scripts. This last directory can contain script to do
transformation or other kind of XML/SGML processing. So, in this case I
rather see this dir renamed "scripts" instead of "stylesheet". Other wise
the rest makes sense. And like I said, I am ready to modify the SGML/XML kit
to reflect that structure.

What about a "library" section in addition to the one listed above. The
library section could contain all lib scripts (like for instance the
Mulberry lib).

The referred document do not have a dir for catalogs. this seems to be an
omission. My suggestion would be to have this structure (includes the one
from the referred doc)

SGML
 |__ DTD
 |__ catalog
 |__ entity
 |__ scripts
 |__ misc.

What do you think? Ralph, your comments. Would it be difficult on your side
to modify your dir structure? What do you suggest?

regards
Didier PH Martin
mailto:martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.netfolder.com