RE: Jade patches

Subject: RE: Jade patches
From: Tony Graham <tgraham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 10:24:09 -0400 (EST)
At 12 Jun 1999 19:19 -0400, Didier PH Martin wrote:
 > Do you want that all technical discussions or announcements about new code
 > version to be discussed in a different list?

Not speaking as the list owner, no.

Speaking as the list owner, I don't see the amount of OpenJade traffic
being a problem at this point.  Actually, I'd say that HTML
attachments and messages that are 99% quotes of previous messages are
more of turn-off than are messages indicating that people are actively
working to further develop Jade (or other DSSSL engines).

It is my experience that open calls for votes on mailing lists usually
get a small response, but the proportion that has responded has voted
not to have a different list.  If the situation changes and the
OpenJade traffic grows enough that it consistently wears the patience
of the general subscriber, then we can reconsider.  Several weeks ago,
I broached the idea here at Mulberry and in private mail to Avi of a
separate dsssl-dev list, but for the moment I suggest that we keep to
a single DSSSL list.

Regards,

Tony Graham
Tony Graham                            mailto:tgraham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
17 West Jefferson Street                    Direct Phone: 301/315-9632